Zapped limited (Zapped.org.uk) is an online acne service that aims to provide
easy access to acne treatment and provide a safe environment where acne
patients can get the help and support, they need to cure their acne. Our
services are delivered by UK registered consultant dermatologist who are on
the general medical council specialist register and by qualified nutritionists, counsellors
psychologists. By using our services, you commission our dermatologists, nutritionists, counsellors and psychologists to deliver Zapped services to you in line with these terms and conditions.
Zapped is not intended for use in emergency situations. IF YOU BELIEVE THAT
YOU OR THE PERSON YOU ARE ASSISTING IS IN AN EMERGENCY SITUATION
YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY DIAL 999 OR SEEK ALTERNATIVE EMERGENCY
YOU SHOULD CALL 999 in a critical or life-threatening situation, for example:
- Difficulty breathing
- Severe bleeding which can't be stopped
- Severe chest pain
- Loss of consciousness
- Acute confused state or fit
- If you believe someone may be having a heart attack or stroke.
- These terms and the documents referenced in them create a legal
agreement between you ("you") and Zapped Ltd, a company
registered in England and Wales under company number 12121415,
whose registered office is at 8 Farnsworth drive, Edgware, London,
HA8 8FS ("we", "us" or "our") in relation to the Zapped website at
Zapped.org.uk. The healthcare professional listing and paymentcollection services made available in the site are referred together in
these terms as the "Service”.
- You agree that you are a private individual at least 18 years old, and
are present in England at the time you use the Service. Use of the
Service by anyone under the age of 18 is prohibited.
- We reserve the right to update these terms from time to time by
posting the updated version at that Zapped.org.uk. We may do so
because we change the nature of our products or services, for
technical or legal reasons, or because the needs of our business have
changed. You agree that if you do not accept any amendment to our
terms then you shall immediately stop accessing and/or using the
- The medical services in respect of which details are listed on the
Service are promoted and provided by Zapped limited and the
relevant healthcare professional you book a consultation with. Our
role and responsibility are to ensure that all registered
dermatologists, nutritionist, counsellors and psychologists meet
Zapped recruitment process to ensure safe and efficient delivery of
care and to ensure that infrastructure to deliver such services is
maintained to meet the relevant regulatory and legislative
- All Zapped services are delivered remotely Online through a secure
video link. Zapped does not offer face to face in person
consultations. By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you
consent to have our services delivered to you remotely and not in
- Zapped is an Online acne service. You should not use Zapped service
for any other conditions not related to acne.
- To ensure that we deliver a safe remote service to you, Zapped
limited might need to contact your registered GP to get information
about your past medical history, your current medications, and yourallergies. This is a prerequisite to register to use Zapped services and
by agreeing to these terms and conditions you provide a consent for
Zapped to contact your GP when needed.
- Zapped limited needs to collect certain information about you to ensure
that the service we provide is safe and efficient. This includes some
personal information about you, your health conditions, your medications,
and any other relevant information needed to provide our services to you.
Zapped limited will ensure that all this information is stored securely and
not shared with anyone without your authorisation. Our healthcare
professional might share this information without your consent ONLY if
they have serious concerns about you or the public.
- Currently our services are intended for patients with a registered address in
England only. You might use our services from outside England or the UK
ONLY if you normally reside in England and the address you used to
register with us is in England. Zapped limited cannot take responsibility for
any laws outside the UK regarding access to our services.
- Upon registering to use our services, Zapped limited will verify your ID and
your address before granting access to our platform. This is to ensure that
our healthcare professionals are treating the right person and that we
meet the regulation of our regulatory body. Zapped limited will NOT
provide access to the platform until the service user ID and address are
verified and will reserve the right to deny access if the ID and address
cannot be verified.
Meaning of Particular Terms
For ease of reference the following terms shall have the following meanings in
- “Booking” means a contract for the provision of a Consultation
entered into between you and Zapped limited by means of the
- "Consultation" means remote online consultation with a healthcare
professional registered with Zapped limited;
- “Healthcare professional Listing” means a listing in the Service setting
out a description of the Healthcare professional, the price for the
- “Minimum System Requirements” means a stable broadband or 4G
internet connection and any further requirements notified to you
during the registration process;
- "you" and "your" means any person who browses our Zapped
website or uses the Service.
The services provided by Zapped limited and what you need to check
before using them.
Our services are provided via remote and online communication
methods such as video consultations.
Our services include:
- Online acne consultations with consultant dermatologists
- Online consultations with clinical psychologists and counselors as a
support service for acne patients
- Online consultations with nutritionists aimed at providing nutritional
advice for acne patients
- Our services are for patients with acne ONLY, we do not provide general
dermatology advise and treatment for any conditions that are outside
the scope of acne conditions.
- Our services are primarily provided in English but we will always try to
help you to see a dermatologist, counsellor, clinical psychologist or a
nutritionist who suits your particular needs, however, we can only
provide a closest match and cannot promise that you will be able to see
a healthcare professional who can speak your native language or who
has direct experience of the culture or country in which you live or have
- We will try our best to provide our services with the reasonable skill and
care of qualified and experienced professionals. If you believe that our
services have not met this standard, then please contact us to let usknow. We will treat your concerns seriously. Should we agree that
standards are not being met, we will be happy to fix, refund or re-
perform the service we have provided.
- All of our practitioners are consultant dermatologists, clinical
psychologists, counsellors and nutritionists registered in the UK, in
good standing with the professional associations to which they belong
and who have committed to provide services in accordance with clinical
best practice and applicable professional standards.
Zapped limited place emphasis on linking back to your local primary care
services to ensure that your GP is updated with any treatment you are
receiving and to collect clinical information needed to provide a safe service
Zapped limited reserve the right to deny access to its platform for service users
who do not wish to consent for Zapped to contact their GP. Zapped limited
can refuse to provide a service if we choose, without any further reason other
than you refusing to provide us with details of a local medical primary care
- Zapped Dermatologists will not prescribe medicines unless it is, in their
professional opinion, in the best interests of their patient. Certain
medications can only be prescribed if you can commit to having the right
monitoring and follow ups. Zapped dermatologists reserve the right NOT to
prescribe medications if you cannot commit to Zapped monitoring and follow
- We protect your personal healthcare information in accordance with
in the UK.
- Healthcare professionals working with Zapped limited will
schedule the duration of each booking which is usually 25 min.
The Healthcare professional may request that you book a further
consultation if it appears that is necessary for him or her to give a
- You are responsible for ensuring that the premises in respect of
which you book the Consultation are suitable, safe and lawful for the purposes of the Consultation. If they are not then, among any
other rights or remedies of us, the Healthcare professional will be
entitled to refuse to provide the Consultation and you will not be
refunded the Consultation charge.
- Once you book a Consultation through the Service in accordance
Listing, we will take payment for it on behalf of the Healthcare
- We require our Healthcare professionals to ensure that all
information provided by them in a Healthcare professional Listing
is accurate, complete and not misleading in any way.
- As a consumer, you may have legal rights against the Healthcare
professional in relation to any Consultation that is not provided in
accordance with reasonable skill and care, or his/her medical
professional obligations, or if the Consultation is not as described
in the Healthcare professional Listing. Advice about your legal
rights is available from your local Citizens' Advice Bureau or
will affect your statutory rights.
- You are not under any obligation to purchase any ongoing goods
or services by virtue of booking a consultation however certain
medications requires monitoring, investigations and follow up and
the healthcare professional reserve the right not treat or prescribe
if you cannot commit to the required monitoring programme.
- For same day appointments, where you cancel a booking within 30
minutes of receiving booking conformation, you will receive a full refund
of the agreed charges.
As a consumer, you have a statutory right to cancel your order within
fourteen (14) days after the day on which the contract is entered into
(“Cooling-Off Period”) without giving any reason.
When you book an appointment that is less than 14 days from the dateof booking, you acknowledge that you have waived your statutory right
to cancel during the Cooling Off period.
You also have a legal right to cancel a booking that you have made with
us within 7 working days of the date the booking was made. However, if
your use of the service commences within that 7-day period your right
to cancellation is lost.
If you wish to cancel a booking within this period, you must contact us in
writing by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . If you send your
cancellation notice by email, then your cancellation is effective from the
date and time that you sent the email. You may wish to keep a copy of
your cancellation notification for your own records.
In the event of such a cancellation, you will receive a full refund of the
cost of the Services. We will process the refund as soon as possible and,
at the latest, within 30 (thirty) calendar days of the day on which you
gave us notice of cancellation.
- If you fail to attend a booked consultation without giving us notice of
your cancellation of the booking, we are within our rights to charge you
the full cost of the consultation. Any decision to vary this to take
account of particular circumstances beyond your control is at the
discretion of Zapped limited.
- In exceptional circumstances the Healthcare professional may need to
cancel the Booking due to unforeseen circumstances, you will be
notified and refunded the Consultation charge as quickly as possible in
the event of cancellation by a Healthcare professional.
- In place of a physical in-person Consultation, you and the Healthcare
professional may agree to the Healthcare professional’s providing an
- We require Healthcare professionals not proceed with any Online
Consultation in the absence of your clear, informed, explicit consent to
the conducting of an Online Consultation in place of an in-person
- We require healthcare professionals not proceed with any online
consultation in the absence of your clear, informed, explicit consent to
contact your primary healthcare provider (your registered GP)
- In the event that the Healthcare professional considers that an Online
Consultation is not sufficient or suitable in light of the Patient’s reported
medical issue, we require that the Healthcare professional recommends
to you that a physical in-person consultation should be arranged either
with the Healthcare professional or another medical professional.
- As with all Consultations, do not request an Online Consultation if you
are in an emergency, critical or life-threatening situation.
- In addition to the Minimum System Requirements, use of Zapped
platform may require additional system requirements in respect of the
device used to receive the Online Consultation. Zapped limited willinform you if such additional requirements are needed through email
prior to your consultation.
Request for another person to attend the consultation with you:
We understand that some people might find receiving care quite
distressing and that they might need the support from family members,
friends or carers when receiving care. You can request for another
person to attend the consultation with you, however you need to inform
Zapped limited in advance that you will not be attending the
consultation alone and you should give details of the person who will be
attending with you.
Zapped limited reserve the right not to proceed with the consultation if
another person is attending without previously informing Zapped upon
booking of your consultation.
You can request for a chaperone to attend your consultation as well and
this will be arranged by Zapped limited. You need to inform Zapped in
advance if you require a chaperone and Zapped limited will try its best to
accommodate such a request. Occasionally Zapped limited might not be
able to arrange for a chaperone to attend the consultation, in such case,
Zapped limited will inform you before your consultation take place and
will offer to rebook the consultation on a later date.
Payment for Consultations.
- Charges listed for Consultations include VAT where applicable unless it is
stated otherwise in the Healthcare professional Listing.
- When you agree a Booking with Zapped limited by means of clicking
‘Book’, you have created a binding contract with Zapped for delivery of
the Consultation in exchange for payment of the agreed charges.
- You are responsible for ensuring that you are available to meet the
Healthcare professional Online at the time specified in the Booking. To be clear, if you are unavailable to meet with the Healthcare professional
at the agreed time, you will not be entitled to a refund of the charges
paid in respect of the Booking.
- Payments are taken by means of our payment service provider
(currently Paypal). By making a Booking you agree to us and our
payment service provider to authorise or reserve a charge on your
payment card or other payment method for the charges agreed in
respect of any Booking, immediately for collection of the funds. Our
payment processor is solely responsible for its performance of card
processing and their related services. The processing of any such
payments will be subject to that third-party’s terms of service and
privacy policies. We cannot accept any liability for any damages
(whether direct or indirect) caused as a result of any act or omission of
our payment service provider. Our payment processor may not support
all payment methods, currencies or locations.
By agreeing to these Terms, you agree to be bound by PayPal’s Terms of
Service. Their terms of service are here –
Any breach of those terms will be treated as a breach of these Terms.
- When making a Booking you will have access to the Healthcare
professional’s charges for the duration of the Consultation. The duration
of the Consultation is measured from the time that the Healthcare
professional arrives at the premises you specify in the Booking or the
time of commencement of the Online Consultation which is usually 25
- We do not accept insurance or other health coverage as payment and
the charges for a Consultation may not be covered under any health
benefit plan or insurance coverage plan. You will be fully responsible for
all fees incurred by you through your use of the Service. You are solely
responsible for all Consultations.
Use of the Service.
- Whilst you are in compliance with these terms, we grant you a non-
exclusive, non-transferable, personal, revocable limited licence to access
and use the Service (but not the related object and source code) for your
own personal private use, in each case provided that such use is in
accordance with these terms. You agree not to use the Service for
- You are responsible for the internet connection and/or mobile charges
that you may incur for using the Service. You must ask your internet
access provider or mobile operator if you don’t know what these
charges will be, before you use the Service.
- We have the right to suspend, withdraw or modify the Service (in whole
or in part) without liability to you in the following circumstances:
for technical reasons (such as maintenance, or technical difficulties
experienced by us or on the internet); to allow us to improve the
usability or functionality of the Service; where we have legal reasons for
doing so (including privacy or other legal objections to the content or
functionality of the Service); because it is no longer economically viable
or efficient to provide the Service.
- You acknowledge that the healthcare professional is obliged to make
notes of any Consultation. These notes will be accessible through your
Zapped platform account.
- You agree that you will (and you will take full responsibility to ensure
that no other person present at the Consultation will):
- not use any abusive language to any healthcare professional;
- not request any other service from the healthcare professional
other than that specified by or related to the Booking;
- provide the healthcare professional with a safe Online working
environment and not act in any manner which is or which could
reasonably be considered by the healthcare professional to be
sexual, threatening, harassing, intimidating, or aggressive, or
which might make the healthcare professional uncomfortable;
- ensure that you are not intoxicated at the time of the
- Not attempt to make any payment (in cash or otherwise) to the
healthcare professional other than through the Service.
- Without limiting the rights of us, if you do not abide by the terms of this
Section, the healthcare professional will be entitled to cancel or end the
Consultation and not refund any charges to you.
- To use the Service, you will need to use a computer which meets the
Minimum System Requirement.
- If you set up a user account with us, you agree that you shall take all
steps necessary to protect your log in details and keep them secret. You
agree that you shall not give your log in details to anyone else or allow
anyone else to use your log in details or account.
- If you fail to keep your login details confidential, or if you deliberately or
unintentionally share your login details or account with someone else,
you accept full responsibility for the consequences of this and agree to
fully compensate us for any losses or harm that may result.
- We will not be responsible to you for any loss that you suffer as a result
of an unauthorised person accessing your account and using the Service
and we accept no responsibility for any losses or harm resulting from its
unauthorised use, whether fraudulently or otherwise.
- If you notice an unauthorised use or breach of your user account, you
must notify us immediately at email@example.com.
DISCLAIMER - No Warranty regarding the Service
- Your rights as a consumer are unaffected by these terms. You
acknowledge that we cannot reasonably guarantee, and do not
guarantee, that the Service will always work properly.
- If you are not a consumer, the Service is provided "as is" and without
warranty of any kind. To the maximum extent permitted by law, we
disclaim any and all warranties, express or implied, in relation tosatisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
Your conduct in relation to the Service
- You must comply with all laws in your use of the Service.
Your breach of these terms
- We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your access to the Service
(including by deleting your account) if we reasonably believe that you
are in material breach of these terms (including by repeated minor
breaches). Any significant breach, including any breach which is likely to
be considered a material breach.
- You agree to compensate us, according to law, for all losses, harm,
claims and expenses that may arise from any breach of these terms by
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY - IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
- We accept liability for death or personal injury resulting from our
negligence or that of our employees or agents, and for losses or harm
caused by fraud by us or our agents, or any other liability which may not
by law be excluded.
- We only supply the Service for your own private use. You agree not to
use the Service in the course of any business or for any commercial,
business or re-sale purpose. We therefore have no liability to you for any
loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business
We are not responsible for:
- Any losses in relation to your receiving or not receiving the
Consultation (including the Doctor not attending the
- losses or harm not caused by our breach of these terms or
- losses or harm which are not reasonably foreseeable by you and
us at the time of you agreeing to these terms including those
losses which happen as a side effect of foreseeable losses. This
could include loss of data, loss of opportunity, service
interruption, mobile device failure or financial loss; or
- Technical failures or the lack of availability of the Service, and/or
social media channels linked to the Service.
- We will provide the Service with the same skill and care as other similar
service providers, but you acknowledge that your only right with respect
to any problems or dissatisfaction with any of the Service is to
discontinue your use of that Service and we are not responsible or liable
for any interruptions or errors that you may experience while using the
- You acknowledge that all copyright, trademarks (including ‘Zapped’ and
the Zapped logo), and other intellectual property rights in and relating to
the Service are owned by us or licensed to us by our partners.
- You must not copy, distribute, make available to the public or create any
derivative work from the Service or any part of the Service unless we
have first agreed to this in writing. You must not use any Zapped
trademarks (including ‘Zapped’ and the Zapped logo), or otherintellectual property rights in and relating to the Service without our
prior written consent.
- If you submit comments, ideas, or feedback to us, you agree that we can
use them without any restriction or compensation to you. If we accept
your submission, we do not waive any rights to use similar or related
ideas or feedback previously known to us, developed by our employees,
or obtained from sources other than you.
To help us provide the best possible service, Zapped limited needs to gather
some information from you. You must ensure that:
- any information you give to us is accurate and in comprehensible
English or in the language that it has been agreed that the
consultation will take place;
- if you have any concerns about the services, we provide you or
any information on the website, you seek further medical advice
from your GP or another medical professional;
- you follow any instructions you are given by our consultants;
- you follow any instructions regarding the use of any medicines or
other health care products we recommend or prescribe
- You follow our monitoring programme and commit for follow ups
recommended by your treating dermatologist;
- you report any adverse or unexpected effects of treatments, that
we have recommended, to us;
- you keep any medicines prescribed out of the reach of children
and in a secure environment;
- you inform us if any information that you have given to us
becomes incomplete or false;
- you use our services only for yourself.
- Our services and consultations are conducted according to your
specific needs, as such please do not register multiple times for
How medicines are prescribed to you
- Our services are provided by qualified dermatologists registered with
the UK’s General Medical Council who are permitted to prescribe
medicines without meeting the patient face to face. If we provide you
with prescriptions, they will be private prescriptions unless otherwise
stated during your consultation with the consultant. You will incur the
cost of the medicine(s) prescribed. The patient is in no way obliged to
get the prescribed medicine from a particular pharmacy. The General
Medical Council registration numbers of all Zapped dermatologists are
available upon request. All practitioners who dispense medicine have
signed up to the General Medical Council’s policies on remote medical
prescriptions and the standards of quality and safety as laid out by the
Care Quality Commission, copies of which can be found at here and
- Zapped work in partnership with UK based pharmacies who will
dispense and send the medications to the patient home through the
- Following a prescription made by our dermatologists to you, you will
receive a link to pay for the prescribed medications
- We will make a reasonable effort to send your prescription directly to
you or to your local pharmacy if you wish to.
- The dispensing chemists are independent of our organisation and, to the
extent permitted by law, we disclaim responsibility for their acts and
You may be asked to show photo ID during a video consultation to
enable our dermatologists to confirm your identity before prescribing
certain medication. ID we are able to accept:
- UK passport
- Current EU/EEA passport, photo driving licence or identity card.
- All other current signed passports, with a valid UK
Visa where applicable.
- UK Armed Forces ID Card.
- Biometric Residence Permit.
- We will be unable to offer a private prescription to any patient who has
not given consent to share information with their GP. This includes your
consent for Zapped to obtain a copy of your health summary.
Price and payment
- We make an initial fee of £125 for a 25 min initial consultation with a
consultant dermatologist, £99 for 30 min initial consultation with a
nutritional therapist and £60 for any consultation with a counsellor or
- Initial appointments can be made automatically, via the website
- After your initial appointment, you may need a follow up appointment.
You will always be required to have a follow up appointment if the
consultant agrees to prescribe medication for you.
- The consultant will then agree the follow up appointment time and date
with you at the end of your consultation and you will receive an invoice
for the appointment by email.
- Follow up appointments cost £99 for a 15 min consultation with a
consultant dermatologist, £80 for 20 min consultation with a nutritional
therapist and £60 for 40 min consultation with a counsellor or a
- The payment for any consultation is always payable prior to the
appointment. If we do not receive payment before the time of the
appointment, with funds cleared into our bank, the appointment will be
cancelled or postponed.
- Should there be a charge for extra time or for other items such as a
private prescription, you will receive an invoice and be asked to make
the payment via our admin service.
- If your appointment lasts longer than the allotted time, you will be liable for a
charge of £3 per minute for the extra time taken, however, it is at the
discretion of the consultant as to whether they seek to collect this fee.
Complaints and Disputes
What to do if you have a complaint with regards to our services or disagree
with us about anything in these terms
You can always give us feedback on our services by contacting us at
Please tell us about any complaints you might have as soon as possible, so we
are able to resolve it as soon as possible.
If you have a complaint, we may ask you for certain details about you and your
complaint in order to address it. Please provide these as soon as possible so
that we can handle your complaint quickly.
Our consultants are registered healthcare professionals and so shall deal with
any complaints appropriately as per our complaint procedure.
We will investigate any complaint and keep you updated on the results of the
We shall also discuss the investigation with you. If we are in the wrong, we
shall apologise to you.
If the subject of your complaint is to do with the professional standards or
behaviour of one of our consultants and we are unable to satisfy you that we
have dealt with it appropriately, you can report your concerns or make a
complaint to the GMC here .
If any disagreement between you and us arises in connection with these terms,
we will attempt to resolve it by discussing it with you.
You may also submit a disagreement with us for online resolution to the
European Online Dispute Resolution platform here.
These Terms are governed by English law. This means that any dispute or claim
arising out of it will be governed by English law and the courts in England and
Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction over it.
Other provisions explaining how we may exercise our rights under these terms
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to
another organisation, but we will always notify you in writing if this
happens, and this will not affect your rights under these terms.
- Our services are personalised and so you may only transfer your rights or
obligations to another person if we agree to it.
- Only you can enforce the agreement between you and us.
We are registered with the Information Commissioners as a data controller in
the United Kingdom.
We will only collect, process, use and share your personal information in
Service, you give your consent to us collecting, processing, using and sharing
should not access and/or use the Service.
We may use any feedback or comments you make in respect of the Service or
any Doctor in our marketing material. We will not use your name unless we get
your prior consent to do so.
We may link to third party products or services from the Service, including to
other healthcare or skin product websites. You understand that we make no
promises regarding any content, goods or services provided by such third
parties. We are also not responsible to you in relation to any losses or harm
caused by such third parties. You understand that when you provide data to
Questions about these terms
If you have any questions about these terms or the Service, you may
contact us by email at Support@zapped.org.uk
Zapped Acceptable Use Policy
You agree that you will not:
- use the Service to harm anyone or to cause offence to or harass any
- use another person or entity's email address in order to sign up to
use the Service;
- use the Service for fraudulent or abusive purposes (including, without
limitation, by using the Service to impersonate any person or entity,
or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person, entity or the
- use the Service for any commercial or business purpose or for the
benefit of any third party or to send unsolicited communications;
- remove or amend any proprietary notices or other ownership
information from the Service;
- interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks that
provide the Service;
- except as permitted by law, attempt to decompile, reverse engineer,
disassemble or hack any of the Service, or to defeat or overcome any
of our encryption technologies or security measures or data
transmitted, processed or stored by us;
- ‘spider’, 'harvest', 'scrape' or collect any information about or
regarding other people that use the Service, including, but not limited
to any personal data or information (including by uploading anything
that collects information such as 'spyware');
- disrupt the normal operation of the Service or do anything which is
likely to have a negative effect on other users' ability to use the
- disobey any requirements or regulations of mobile networks
connected to the Service;
- use the Service in violation of any applicable law or regulatory
- attempt to get around technological measures designed to control
access to, or elements of, the Service;
- claim that you are associated with or endorsed by Zapped unless you
have entered into a written agreement with Zapped to that effect;
- republish in bulk any information derived from use of Zapped;
- “White-label” or otherwise hold yourself out as the originating
provider of Zapped or any material or processes contained in it;
- tamper with, disable or override (or attempt to do any of those
things) any security component or process of Zapped;
- use any technical or other means or process means to “mirror”,
“frame”, “scrape,” “crawl” or “spider” any web pages or other
services contained in the Zapped service;
- attempt to or actually access the healthcare professional Listings by
any means other than through the Service. An example of such other
means is attempting to access Zapped via software-as-a-service
platforms that aggregate access to multiple services, which include
- use the Service in any other way not permitted by these terms.
Last updated June 10, 2020
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Zapped limited (“company”,
“we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and
your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our
practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us
When you visit our website https://www.zapped.org.uk , and use our services, you trust
us with your personal information. We take your privacy very seriously. In this privacy
possible what information we collect, how we use it and what rights you have in relation
to it. We hope you take some time to read through it carefully, as it is important. If there
our Sites and our services.
as https://www.zapped.org.uk), and/or any related services, sales, marketing or events
about sharing your personal information with us.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
- WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
- WHO WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH?
- HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?
- HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
- HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
- DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
- WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
- DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
- DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
- HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us such as name, address,
contact information, passwords and security data, payment information, and social
media login data.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering at
the Sites expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and
services, when participating in activities on the Sites or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions
with us and the Sites, the choices you make and the products and features you use. The
personal information we collect can include the following:
- Name and Contact Data. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal
address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
- Credentials. We collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used
for authentication and account access.
- Payment Data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make
purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and
the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored
by our payment processor and you should review its privacy policies and contact the
payment processor directly to respond to your questions.
- Social Media Login Data. We provide you with the option to register using social media
account details, like your Facebook, Twitter or other social media account. If you choose
to register in this way, we will collect the Information described in the section called
"HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS" below.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete and accurate, and
you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information – such as IP address and/or browser and device
characteristics – is collected automatically when you visit our Sites.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Sites.
This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact
information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address,
browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring
URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use
our Sites and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to
maintain the security and operation of our Sites, and for our internal analytics andreporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar
technologies. You can find out more about this in our Cookies
Information collected from other sources
In Short: We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, social
media platforms, and other outside sources.
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint
marketing partners, social media platforms (such as Facebook), as well as from other
third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include: social
media profile information (your name, gender, birthday, email, current city, state and
country, user identification numbers for your contacts, profile picture URL and any other
information that you choose to make public); marketing leads and search results and
links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business
interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations,
and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Sites for a variety of business purposes
described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on
our legitimate business interests ("Business Purposes"), in order to enter into or perform
a contract with you ("Contractual"), with your consent ("Consent"), and/or for
compliance with our legal obligations ("Legal Reasons"). We indicate the specific
processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and logon process. If you choose to link your account
with us to a third party account *(such as your Google or Facebook account), we
use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate
account creation and logon process. See the section below headed "HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS" for further information.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or our third
party marketing partners may use the personal information you send to us for our
marketing purposes, if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You
can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the "WHAT ARE YOUR
PRIVACY RIGHTS" below).
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal
information to send you product, service and new feature information and/or
information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- Fulfill and manage your orders. We may use your information to fulfill and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through
- To post testimonials. We post testimonials on our Sites that may contain personal
information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your
name and testimonial. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please
contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include your name,
testimonial location, and contact information.
Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and
display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to
your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.For more
information, see our Cookie
Policy: https://app.termly.io/dashboard/website/458389/cookie-policy .
- Administer prize draws and competitions. We may use your information to
administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in
- Request Feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to
contact you about your use of our Sites.
- To protect our Sites. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep
our Sites safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enable user-to-user communications. We may use your information in order to
enable user-to-user communications with each user's consent.
- To enforce our terms, conditions and policies.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other
legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business
Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the
effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Sites,
products, services, marketing and your experience.
3. WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE?
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect
your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use
your personal information in a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to
achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we
may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally
required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a
judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court
order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national
security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary
to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies,
suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person
and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information
in the following situations:
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share
your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who
perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to
do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery,
hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected
third parties to use tracking technology on the Sites, which will enable them to
collect data about how you interact with the Sites over time. This information may
be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity
of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this
Policy, we do not share, sell, rent or trade any of your information with third
parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with,
or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or
acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Affiliates. We may share your information with our affiliates, in which case we will
company and any subsidiaries, joint venture partners or other companies that we
control or that are under common control with us.
4. WHO WILL YOUR INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH?
In Short: We only share information with the following third parties
We only share and disclose your information with the following third parties. We have
categorized each party so that you may be easily understand the purpose of our data
collection and processing practices. If we have processed your data based on your
consent and you wish to revoke your consent, please contact us.
- Advertising, Direct Marketing, and Lead GenerationGoogle AdSense
- Communicate and Chat with UsersSurveyMonkey, Twilio and LiveChat
- Content OptimisationGoogle Site Search
- Data Backup and SecurityAmazon Glacier
- Invoice and BillingPayPal and Stripe
- Social Media Sharing and AdvertisingFacebook advertising, Instagram advertising and Twitter advertising
- Web and Mobile AnalyticsGoogle Analytics
- Website HostingWix
access or store information. Specific information about how we use such technologies
and how you can refuse certain cookies is set out in our Cookie
6. HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR SOCIAL LOGINS?
In Short: If you choose to register or log in to our websites using a social media account,
we may have access to certain information about you.
Our Sites offer you the ability to register and login using your third party social media
account details (like your Facebook or Twitter logins). Where you choose to do this, we
will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider. The
profile Information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider
concerned, but will often include your name, e-mail address, friends list, profile picture
as well as other information you choose to make public.
We will use the information we receive only for the purposes that are described in this
you can set your privacy preferences on their sites and apps.
7. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
In Short: We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes
We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary for the
permitted by law (such as tax, accounting or other legal requirements). No purpose in
this policy will require us keeping your personal information for longer than 2 years past
the termination of the user's account.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal
information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example,
because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will
securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until
deletion is possible.
8. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SAFE?
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organisational
and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational security measures
designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However,
please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of
personal information to and from our Sites is at your own risk. You should only access the
services within a secure environment.
9. DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM MINORS?
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By
using the Sites, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or
guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Sites. If we
learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected,
we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such
data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children
under age 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
10. WHAT ARE YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: In some regions, such as the European Economic Area, you have rights thatallow you greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some regions (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under
applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and
obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to
restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data
portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the
processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details provided below. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with
applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the
right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect
the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully
processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local
data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or
terminate your account, you can:
- Log into your account settings and update your user account.
- Contact us using the contact information provided.
Upon your request to terminate your account, we will deactivate or delete your account
and information from our active databases. However, some information may be retained
in our files to prevent fraud, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations,
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by
default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and
to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect
certain features or services of our Sites. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by
advertisers on our Sites visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. For further
information, please see our Cookie
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any
time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us
using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list
– however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the
administration and use of your account. To otherwise opt-out, you may:
- Note your preferences when you register an account with the site.
- I understand that all Zapped consultations are done remotely through video or text
11. CONTROLS FOR DO-NOT-TRACK FEATURES
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems and mobile applications include
a Do-Not-Track (“DNT”) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy
preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and
collected. No uniform technology standard for recognizing and implementing DNT signals
has been finalized. As such, we do not currently respond to DNT browser signals or any
other mechanism that automatically communicates your choice not to be tracked online.
If a standard for online tracking is adopted that we must follow in the future, we will
12. DO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS HAVE SPECIFIC PRIVACY RIGHTS?
In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding
access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits
our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and
free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed
to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third
parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding
calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request,
please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with
the Sites, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post
on the Sites. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact
information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account
and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly
displayed on the Sites, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or
comprehensively removed from our systems.
13. DO WE MAKE UPDATES TO THIS POLICY?
In Short: Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
indicated by an updated “Revised” date and the updated version will be effective as soon
either by prominently posting a notice of such changes or by directly sending you a
how we are protecting your information.
14. HOW CAN YOU CONTACT US ABOUT THIS POLICY?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO), Ali Jomaa, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post to:
8 Farnsworth drive
Edgware, HA8 8FS